Home Office Posters
Home Office repository of posters covering different topics - research, access needs, accessibility and design.
Contributions and contact
If you want to contribute a translation of one of our posters, we would really appreciate your help.
You are free to adapt the posters but only under the following conditions:
- you make the work available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence
- you remove the Home Office name and logo
- you give appropriate credit and link back to this repo
Here are some examples of how the posters have been adapted by external organisations:
- Designing for those who have experienced trauma through domestic or intimate partner violence
- Designing for users with aphasia
We welcome feedback - please create an issue to feedback whether positive or negative. Otherwise you can contact the design team at the Home Office on email - email@example.com.
Using Git Browser, you can view all the posters before you start working on them. (A big thanks to Joe Lanman from GDS for adding our posters to his Git Browser project)
These posters cover the following access needs:
- D/deafness and hard of hearing
- Motor disabilities
- Visually impaired - low vision users
- Visually impaired - screenreader users
There is also a HTML versions of these posters.
You can read about how the Do's and Don'ts posters were developed on our blog: https://accessibility.blog.gov.uk/2016/09/02/dos-and-donts-on-designing-for-accessibility/