Adjust pace of speech/audio
This feature allows the user to adjust the speed up or slow down the pace of speech, audio, and multimedia.
Discussion by Disabilities
For people who are hard of hearing, slowing the pace of audio may make it easier to understand speech.
Related Research and Papers
- Information Access for People with Disabilities- Barbara T. Mates
- Accessible user interface and navigation system and method- Joe Said and David Schleppenbach
- Accessible presentation of information for people with visual disabilities- Christopher Power and Helmut Jürgensen
- Technology for people, not disabilities: ensuring access and inclusion- Alan Foley and Beth A. Ferri
- Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Perspectives on Imperfect Automatic Speech Recognition for Captioning One-on-One Meetings- Larwan Berke, Christopher Caulfield, Matt Huenerfauth
- Text-to-speech audio description: towards wider availability of AD- Agnieszka Szarkowska
- Apparatus and method for controlling rate of playback of audio data- Jean-Manuel Van Thong, Davis Pan