Retrieve and link to existing simpler language version
This feature would search for and retrieve simpler language alternative versions of multimedia. For example, if a simple version of a news story is available, it can be offered to the user as an alternative to a more complex version of the news article.
Discussion by Disabilities
People with cognitive disabilities or literacy problems may have difficulty reading the complex language of many sites. A translation to simpler language makes it easier for more people to read and understand content.
Related Research and Papers
- Translating from Complex to Simplified Sentences- Lucia Specia
- Writing for Language-Impaired Readers- Aurélien Max
- Text Simplification for Information-Seeking Applications- Beata Beigman Klebanov, Kevin Knight, Daniel Marcu
- Text Simplification for Language Learners: A Corpus Analysis- Sarah E. Petersen, Mari Ostendorf
- Simple English Wikipedia: a new text simplification task- William Coster, David Kauchak
- Simple Language Translation- Dimitri Kanevsky, Vladimir Vuskovic, A.S. Dogruoz